July 22, 2013

Pure sweetness


Awww...we can't wait for you to meet these precious boys!!!! 

Each one of them has something so special, so sweet...so unique about them.  

Yesterday, I spotted "A' about to crash into a wall with his "boda boda" bicycle, and before I could say anything, out of the corner of my eye, I see "M" speeding along to catch his little brother just in the knick of time. Save. 

And then, today, I saw "M" save another little boy from falling off of a stroller.  This caring boy loves to push all of the kids around in strollers around the yard.  This is his HIGHLIGHT of the day...and when he has no one to push around, he will jump into the double stroller and roll himself around!!  It's these little moments that we are taking note of and filing away in our memories.  I don't want to forget these moments. 

Little "A" has such a sweet, gentle spirit.  Each morning, he greets his friend Subi by grabbing her hand ever so gently and looking her right in her face. " Morning Subi! Hi, Morning!" The best thing is that he doesn't care even the slightest that Subi is blind.  He happily greets her several times a day and tries to make her laugh.  

Chris and I will take walks to a nearby coffee shop several times a week.  We often walk with some of the other adoptive families and I put "A" in the Ergo carrier.  One day, as we were walking "A" decided to hold hands with his friend.  If you look closely, you will see sweet "A" holding Subi's hand!!!  (I think he's going to be a ladies man for sure!) 

I need to keep a list of all of the cute and funny things they have said and done the past 2 weeks.  If I don't write it down, it's gone!    

Yesterday, we went to Gaba Community Church.  We were so excited to finally get to this church because we had visited there last year and met our friends Francis & Adrienne there.  The church service is in Luganda and English.  We were so happy that "M" could experience the church service, especially because the last two weeks we went to churches that only spoke English.  "M" wants to be a pastor when he grows up! Needless to say, this little boy was very happy after church.  He loved it!

The sermon was all about having courage and living a radical life for Christ. 

COURAGE.

This is a word we are very familiar with and at times, feel as if we are lacking.  But as each day progresses, we have mustered up the courage to continue, to persevere.  But it's not from our own ability, but God's. 

Pastor Peter talked about several figures in the Bible that had "courage" such as Peter & Stephen, and how these men lacked fear at various times.   

We need to live fearlessly in our faith. 

Fear holds us back from doing so many things.  When I look back to three weeks ago, I had SO much fear.  I couldn't stop crying at the airport before loading the plane.  I feared so many unknowns, and was not trusting that my God, who is bigger than ALL things, could carry us through all of these obstacles.  

But here I was, three weeks later, standing in church, holding my baby boy in my arms.  They asked everyone to pray out loud, to praise God for what he has done in our lives and so...

I leaned my head into little "A's", snuggled him tighter, and thanked God over and over for answered prayers





7 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! This is a great way to keep track of the moments so you don't forget them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you've got me crying now!! Jon and I are sitting here reveling in God's goodness. I can not wait to meet these Hoffman boys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful testimony. Can't wait to meet your boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet Apes,
      Thanks for sharing your heart with us in your blog. Your faithfulness to Gods calling in your life and those boys is so inspiring .I am praying daily for the 4 of you. I love those two and can hardy wait to see them face to face .

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing this! You bring tears to my eyes. :) I miss you so much, and your boys too, even though we've never met. Hope you really are writing things down. Love to you all! -Jen

    ReplyDelete