July 20, 2012

Last Minute Thoughts...


Just wanted to let you all know that we are almost ready to take-off for Uganda!  We're on our plane (which is ginormous!) and waiting for everyone to board. 


I wanted to get out some last minute thoughts...

The past few weeks, I've had all kinds of crazy thoughts entering my mind - what if someone steals my passport, what if I get some crazy, funky disease, what if our plane crashes over the ocean?  what if I get arrested for something I didn't do and get put into prison for the REST of my LIFE!  Ahhh...

As I shared this with Chris, he said to me..."What if? God is in control and if that is meant to happen, then remember that you will be in eternity with God forever."  He has had to continually remind me over and over that even if the worst happens, I can rest in the fact that I will be with my Lord forever.  

I shared these crazy fears with my sweet girlfriends from my Beth Moore bible study, and for the past 2 weeks, they have been sending cards with verses to remind me that the Lord is traveling alongside of Chris and I during this trip.  I can't tell you how special this was for me and how it calmed my spirit.

God has been doing a work in me the past few months, and as we travel to do this missions trip, I am reminded of His faithfulness.  There is so much all around us that we have witnessed where we have been reminded of His goodness and mercy- with new marriages, new births, new jobs...God is faithful! 

Even as we walked along to get to our gate, we ran into a family that had adopted 3 children from Ethiopia and Malawi! Then a stewardess spoke to us and asked where we were traveling. We told her to Ethiopia and then Uganda.  She shared that she is adopting a little boy next month from Ethiopia and shared his photo.  God has been reminding us that we are right where he wants us.

We are excited to see what God has in store for this missions trip. 

We love you - thank you for your prayers and for your encouragement.  We'll try to write more during our trip, but for now...I'll leave you with the verse that has spoken to me the most -




1 comment:

  1. Been thinking about y'all, April. (and, to be completely honest-your cats, too. I miss seeing them now that we meet at Barb's house.) I trust you'll meet great people along the way, and I'm looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back to town! Love you, love jo

    ReplyDelete